Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Day of Peace


So I got invited to the facebook event "A Day of Peace" I almost hit delete, but then I decided it sounded interesting so I took a look at it.

Here is the event link
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=189170184442695

The three goals of this day were as follow

Rule #1.
Say not a single unkind thing about anyone or anything. If at all possible, try not to even think a nasty thought. If we do, reflect on why it was that we thought to say it in the first place.

Rule #2.
Show everyone we cross paths with some genuine human compassion. Be it with a smile or kind words, just spread some love.

Rule #3.
Make not one person the exception to the rule. Not everyone deserves to have roses thrown at their feet and have a holiday in their honor, but nobody deserves to feel alone. Reach out. Talk to someone new. Care about them, and we will be cared for in return.

I then thought about how sad it is that in order for us to get a point across regarding peace we have to make a facebook page and out of the 8 million people who were invited 7 million decided to either reject the invitation or not reply.

Our society needs more peace, and I love that the peace described in this event has nothing to do with a war, or political peace, it has to do with individual peace amongst our peers and people we pass by every day.

I always tell myself I am going to try harder to be kinder to others to not think rude things, and to not get angered or bring anger to others. It never seems to work out... but tomorrow I am going to try harder then ever. Every day it gets a little easier to be that kind of person.

I wish every ones goal was to be kinder and think kind thought about others. If less people felt alone, more people would be happier. If we stopped for two seconds of our lives and thought about someone else before our self, and thought about something else besides personal gain, then we might actual achieve something in life greater then personal belongings, and riches, we might gain the respect of others, we might inherit a heart or a friend. We might be looked on for who we are and not what we have.

TOMORROW is the day of PEACE

I love the song Never alone by Lady Antebellum
May the angels protect you
Trouble neglect you
And heaven accept you when it's time to go home
May you always have plenty
Your glass never empty
Know in your belly
You're never alone

May your tears come from laughing
You find friends worth having
With every year passing
They mean more than gold
May you win but stay humble
Smile more than grumble
And know when you stumble
You're never alone

Never alone
Never alone
I'll be in every beat of your heart
When you face the unknown
Wherever you fly
This isn't goodbye
My love will follow you stay with you
Baby you're never alone
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/l/lady_antebellum/never_alone.html ]
Well, I have to be honest
As much as I want it
I'm not gonna promise the cold winds won't blow
So when hard times have found you
And your fear surround you
Wrap my love around you
You're never alone

Never alone
Never alone
I'll be in every beat of your heart
When you face the unknown
Wherever you fly
This isn't goodbye
My love will follow you stay with you
Baby you're never alone

May the angels protect you
Trouble neglect you
And heaven accept you when it's time to go home
And when hard times have found you
And your fear surround you
Wrap my love around you
You're never alone

Never alone
Never alone
I'll be in every beat of your heart
When you face the unknown
Wherever you fly
This isn't goodbye
My love will follow you stay with you
Baby you're never alone
My love will follow you stay with you
Baby you're never alone

No comments:

Post a Comment