Friday, February 22, 2013

Valentines & 4 Years Ago

On the actual day of Love, Ry had to do a lot of homework (chemistry sucks). he brought me home a single rose with 2 gerber daises (yes they are my fav) and I made him home made cafe rio (if you don't know what that is, you're missing out on life) style burritos! We just had a quiet night in.

Saturday is where tradition began. Ryan and I are very simple when it comes to Valentines Day. In fact, every year we have been together and lived in Utah we've done the same thing....What is it? The Utah RV show. Yeah, doesn't sound so romantic, but for us, it's so much fun. We went up Saturday morning after Ryan's class, and ate at The Garden Restaurant, which is my favorite in the whole world. We then went to the RV show, where I only lasted about 4 hours! We went back to our hotel (yes we did get a hotel only 25 minutes from home, but it was much needed). We soaked our feet in the hot tub, and relaxed with each other the rest of the night. On sunday we got up, had a delicious breakfast at the hotel, and headed back to the show for another 4 hours of bliss. We had so much fun. I am so grateful that we share the likeness and passion for outdoors. I am glad that something so simple as the RV show is enough for us. Honestly it was one of the best weekends I've had in awhile.

top left: provo beach resort
top right: The Garden
bottom left: my gift
Bottom right: we are awesome.

On a completely different note...February 20th, 2013 marked 4 years since the day Ryan and I had our first date. For those who don't know how we "met" I am going to re live the story now!

March 2009, our first picture together!

Ryan's roomie Erik insisted I meet Ryan, I was very skeptical. He told me he would suggest our friendship on Facebook, and shortly after Ryan sent a friend request. With no intention of actually meeting him, I decided to add him. One night I saw his status say "what to do in Provo on a Friday night?" Knowing there really wasn't much, I decided to send him a message. However, I had plans that Friday night and they weren't to hang out with him. We messaged back and forth and he gave me his number and said to call him if I wanted to hang out. I added his number in my phone, but had no intentions of ever calling. I mean I didn't know him, and I wasn't for meeting people through Facebook. I went to my friends house for a while and talked, as I was about to leave I happened to grab my phone and butt dial Ryan. I freaked out and hit end call. Then I get in my car and as I am leaving I get a call right back, it was Ryan. I felt bad so I answered. He asked what I was doing and I was like "um going home it's almost 11:00 at night." He asked if I wanted to go get ice cream or something, and at this point I felt bad for butt dialing him and said ok, thats fine. I made it back to my apartment, he called and said he was here. Instead of letting him come to my door I told him I would meet him out there. I didn't even give him time to get out and open my door. I just swung the door open. Honestly...the first thing I thought was... wow nice truck (no I'm not kidding). When I opened the door, I then though, oh wow hot guy. I decided I'd give it a try. On February 20th, 2009 Ryan took me to ice cream at the typical BYU first date spot (BYU Creamery) and we ended up talking till almost 4 in the morning. Best night of my life, and I am so glad my phone was smart enough to give him a call ;)

I would of never thought that 4 years from that night, we would be married for over 2 and a half years and expecting our first little baby. I could not be happier, and I could not feel more blessed then I do to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment