Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Let It Go


This quote really fits the way I have felt since earlier this year. I was faced with some situations where it was really hard to have the desire to be forgiving and love my enemies. I found it especially difficult when this enemy was thought to be my friend. It can often times be hard to understand why a person would pretend to be ones friend, and put effort into something that they really had no desire to be apart of. I let myself carry this burden for a long time. I analyzed why they said the things they did about me and involved people who didn't even know me or had never talked to me. The people I shared this experience with, asked me "why haven't you confronted them?" "are you going to call them out?" "are you going to be nice to them?" I thought about all these questions quite a bit, and then after a few months I realized…"why am I dwelling on this at all?" I knew I would come in contact with this person multiple times a week, so what could I do to make the situation less burdensome. After lots of thought, and run in's with this particular person. I began to let it go. I stopped avoiding conversation, I stopped avoiding encounters. I stopped letting it hurt me. The truth is, I let it go. Now when I see them, I don't think about the hurt they caused, I think about how I can make things better between me and this person. I don't owe anyone an apology, but there is truth behind loving your enemy. It is possible, and once you learn to let the heavy burden go, and try to understand where that person is coming from, you heal. I may never understand the reasons why, but I don't need to. The only thing I need to understand is that person a little better. Sometimes if a thing weighs heavy on your heart, let it go. You'll thank yourself later. 

-Always
Ashley Renae

No comments:

Post a Comment