Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Oh Austin...

The best way to record memories is to write them down. Since typing is so much faster, why not add it to the neglected blog.

Austin, what a boy you have become. You are one happy, wild, free spirited little human. You keep me on my toes more than I could ever imagine. I want to write down a little bit about yourself, so in the future you can know exactly what kind of kid you were, at least from your Mother and Father's eyes.

Let's start with how great of a sleeper you are. You literally sleep 12-13 hours at night! When you wake up you play in your bed with all your stuffed animals (mainly "Ellie") and I actually have to bribe you to get out. I always ask you if you want to see outside, and immediately you jump up and say "see bike, see pink car" (these are things the neighbors leave outside). You are at your sweetest point in the morning, I love my mornings with you. You love banana's and juice, and "maulk" (bless your heart one day you will say milk the right way!) You are also a huge lover of any fruit known to man kind.

You are a firecracker Austin. Everything you do, you do it 140% (or more haha). You put your whole energy and concentration into everything. You want to take everything apart just to see how it works. You love bikes. Every time you see a motorcycle, bicycle, or anything really with 2 wheels, you yell "BIKE, THATS COOL." You love the outdoors in general. You could live outside. Whenever it's time to come inside, you throw quite the tantrum. You yell, you scream and you say "go ousside" over and over until we finally distract you on something else. You love the pool and splash pad. Every day we pass it you go "pool mama, pool!" You are most definitely my child. One water baby to another. You also love planes. They pass over our house frequently and when you hear a plane you drop everything your doing, look up, and say "Pannneee."

Lets just briefly describe your love for Mickey. Every.Single.Day. 1000X a day we watch "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse." It's a good thing I love you so much, because I think I've seen it more than I watched Barney as a child.

Let's just talk about your mischievous side. You do not like the word no, or stop, or anything that stops you from being your free little spirited self. It's landed you in time out a time or two (or 100000) but believe it or not you actually stay in time out. Although you shoot us cute looks to get your way out of it. You're also an extremely fast runner. You can out run your 8.5 month pregnant mom any day. Unfortunately it's scared me to death a few times and I had to stop you from running in the street. You also love to throw things when you aren't supposed too. Namely my phone, and balls in the house, and toys when you don't get your way. You have one heck of an arm and I am sure it's going to serve you well in the future, but for now... It gets you in some trouble. When you get really frustrated, I mean really upset sometimes you hit me, but immediately after you look at me, put your head on my shoulder, and say "sowwy mama, la you mama."

Whenever your Dad or I get home or you haven't seen us for a few minutes you look at us with wide happy eyes, a big smile, and say in your sweetest voice ever "Hi mama, dada" It literally melts me and your Dad's hearts. You are a sensitive little spirit when it comes to your emotions. You are very gentle with other kids. You don't hit, or bite. You are great at sharing, and you love it when other kids come to play with you. If another kid is a little tough or doesn't want to share you back off and get quiet. You are guarded with your emotions, but you love with all you have.

You love bath time - like holy cow. Ever since you were little. You live for water. Every night at bed time you have to have "Ellie" ( you have to have her all the time actually) and your "Binky" you always want us to sing two songs. Twinkle Twinkle and I Am A Child of God. You love your turtle and glow worm that light up. For a little while you were terrified of the smoke detector, but luckily you don't think it's going to eat you anymore.

You truly are a special little boy. You light up my world. Although some days you wear us out, every bit of it is a blessing. I can't tell you how grateful I am that you are healthy, mobile, smart, and full of life. God has given me a true slice of heaven. Every day I see a part of my parents in you. You keep a piece of them with me always. I hope one day you get to know them, because you are so much like both of them.

I know I work a lot and I lose my patience with you sometimes, but know, always know you will ALWAYS be my baby. I will ALWAYS love you with everything I have, and I will always want you to be the person you are meant to be.

I also want you to know how much your Dad loves you. You're a lucky boy to have him as "dada." He is so present in your life and puts so much energy into you at the end of each day. He works very hard, but when he comes home his attention falls on you. He wants you to know that he will forever be a huge part of your life, your coach, your #1 fan. In the future, know when he may be hard on you sometimes, it's because he only wants the best for you. Know he will never push you to be anything but who you are. He is a good man, and I know you will follow in his footsteps.

We love you Austin. This is for you. This is for your future. Right now you may only be 2 years old, but that will change before I know it.

In a few short weeks you'll have a little brother, and I am so excited to watch how you change and grow with him.

Oh Austin, how I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment