Chicken Corn Chowder
I was nervous about trying out this dish for the first time. I found a simple recipe on Southern Food but decided to spice it up a bit! The meal turned out great and my husband loved it. I was very impressed. We served mexican rice and fresh bread on the side! Hope you enjoy!
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of potato soup
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 2 fresh chicken breasts diced or 1 - 12oz can of diced chicken
- 12 oz of fresh or frozen kernel corn
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 chopped fresh red bell pepper
- 1 chopped fresh green chili pepper
- 1/4 yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup mexican blend cheese
Add all the ingredients except for milk in slow cooker and cheese will be garnished on top.
Cook in the slow cooker for 4-5 hours on LOW.
Add the milk the LAST 30 minutes