Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Happiness is...A Letter to My One Year Old

Austin-

Today you turn One. I honestly cannot believe how the time has flown. I still remember the day I found out about you. You know, your Grandma Annie was the first to know, even before your dad! You won't get to meet her in this lifetime, but she loves you, and one day you will know her well.

Austin, I want to let you know how grateful I am for you. You truly are the light and joy in my life. Everyday I come home from work to you, you have your big toothy grin (by the way you have 8 teeth already!), and you clap your hands. You have no idea how much that means to me. Every time I drop you off before work, and you cry and cry because you are sad I am leaving, although it hurts, I am so glad you love me soooo much! You are growing up so fast, and sometimes I wish I could slow it down.

You have such a personality already. You are one of the happiest babies I have ever seen, and I am not just saying that because you are mine. Since the day you were born you rarely cried, and you still rarely cry. On the exception of when you are hungry and tired! You are strong as an ox. It amazes me how you can crawl up on the couch like you are a little rock climber just to reach the blinds. You are so smart. I watch you pick things up and examine them like you are trying to figure out how it works. (you get that from your dad and Papa Bill.) Your curiosity is intriguing. You love the pantry. When the door is open you crawl super fast to get inside, and take all your sippy cups out of the basket. You also love the remote, toilet, and toilet paper. You are determined, when you want something you find a way to get it, when you want to get somewhere you find a way to get there. (I take credit for that). You love love love food. If dad or I are eating, you MUST be eating also. There is no exceptions!

Most importantly Austin, you are YOU. I love YOU. I am grateful for YOU. You saved me! I don't know how I could have made it through certain things if I had not been pregnant with you. You truly took pain away from my heart and let joy and happiness fill it. You will do great things. You are strong and determined and will succeed at whatever your endeavors are in life. I hope to bring you up to know  your Heavenly Father, and that you can be a strong man of faith. I am so excited for the years to come, and I am so grateful God gave me you.

Love,
Your mama!


2 comments:

  1. Love love love this. Emily hardly cries either. I think God helped calm our babies because He knew we needed happy babies to help fill our hearts back up where they became empty when mom and Dad died. Love u sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Beautifully written. Austin is lucky to have a mama like you!

    ReplyDelete